I&G Approved Products, Equipment and Resources
These are products that I have used personally with great success and believe in 100%. These are the official approved products from Iron & Grit.
Gym Clothes and Workout Gear
These are the best shoes for lifting. They are flat (unlike running shoes or cross trainers that point your toes down which is bad for squats and deadlift especially) and offer support and a stable base for heavy lifts which make them perfect for Squat and Deadlift.
These are the best headphones for working out I’ve ever used. They are wireless. They are comfortable. Sounds quality is perfect. They are sweat-proof, noise canceling and stay in your ears on long runs and hard workouts. Buy them. you will love them.
More Gym Gear:
- Under Armour Men’s Short-Sleeve Tech T-Shirt – An old cut-off works great too.
- Under Armour Men’s Raid Short – Light and won’t restrict movement.
- Hanes Men’s No Show Socks – I can’t stand socks poking over my shoes. These are comfy and last a while.
- Jockey Men’s Underwear Staycool Boxer Brief – I ripped my boxers twice while squatting. Split them right down the middle. It was funny the first time. The second time was annoying. I wear stretchy boxer briefs for workouts. Especially on leg day.
- BlenderBottle Top Shaker Bottle 28 Ounce – Must have staple if only for convenience.
- Iron&Grit ‘Prototype’ T-Shirt (Coming Soon)
Cooking & Meal Prep
- ChefLand 3-Compartment Microwave Safe Food Container (10 Pack)
- Ball Wide-Mouth Mason Jars 1 quart capacity (12 pack) – Leak proof, easy to transport. Heat and eat right from the jar.
- Mosiso – Pro Digital Kitchen Food Scale – If you weight your food for counting macros.
- T-fal Professional Nonstick Fry Pan (12-Inch) – Makes cooking and clean up much easier.
- KitchenAid Nylon Spatula (14-Inch) Long enough so you don’t burn yourself. Use a nylon spatula instead of metal. Metal scratches your cookware.
ON Naturally Flavored Whey is the main protein I use. A lot of other brands may be cheaper but their full of artificial flavors and fillers. This is one of the purest protein products I’ve found. I usually have two scoops post-workout. A 5 pound tub lasts me a month or two.
Liver tabs are awesome. Take 5-10 before a workout and watch your energy and strength shoot through the roof. Liver is a complete protein (meaning it has all the BCAAs you need) and is one of the two supplements I use most often. You can take them with meals or as a pre workout.
- Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder – I use creatine sometimes to break through plateaus and recover faster during intense workout programs.
- USP Labs Modern BCAAs – BCAAs give your muscles energy and are especially useful when working out on an empty stomach to prevent going catabolic. Mix with water and sip on while working out.
- One-A-Day Multivitamin, Men’s Health Formula – If you’re diet is inconstant take a multivitamin so you’re sure to meet your minimum nutritional needs.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Pills – Great for your brain, joints and other tissues.
- Nature Made Calcium Magnesium Zinc Tablets with Vitamin D – Super combo for men. Good for strong bones, healthy nervous system and reproductive health.
- Nature Made Vitamin C 500 mg Caps – Good ol’ vitamin C. Take one a day for a healthy immune system.
Build Your Own Home Gym
No gym near you? Or maybe a better question is, No quality gym near you? Don’t fret – you can build a decent home gym for less than a 12-month membership to most gyms. Home gyms are also a great way to save time. You don’t have to worry about going to and from the gym. Just wake up and hit the weights in your own house. Just make sure you have the discipline to do it.
- Atlas Power Rack
- Soozier Ten-Position Adjustable Home Fitness Weight Bench
- USA Sports by Troy Barbell 300 lb. Olympic Grey Weight Set with Chrome Bar
- CAP Barbell Olympic 2-inch Weight Plate
- XMark 47″ Chrome Olympic Econo EZ Curl Bar
- CAP Barbell Cast Iron Hex Dumbbell
- Apex Deluxe 3-Tier Dumbbell Rack
- Solid Cast Iron Kettlebell
Other Gym Gear
- Jump Rope – Great for when running gets boring.
- Everlast Heavy Bag – Also great for when running gets boring.
- Punching Bag Gloves – Get a comfortable, sturdy pair with good wrist support.
- Heavy Bag Stand – Use to hold your heavy bag.
Books about Weight Training
These are some of the best books out there for the beginner. People learn differently but these books do a pretty good job of explaining the basics of building muscle and gaining strength. If you read just one make it Arnold’s – it’s the best by far.
- Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
- Maximum Strength: Get Your Strongest Body in 16 Weeks with the Ultimate Weight-Training Program by Eric Cressey
- Arnold: Education of a BodyBuilder by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- The EZ Muscle Trainer by Iron&Grit (Coming Soon)
Approved Products that Will Improve your Life
Office Gear for Focus and Ergonomics
I sit at a desk for 8+ hours a day for my 9-5. If you do the same, I recommend you invest in ergonomic office gear to keep your muscles, tendons and joints healthy. Most jobs will pay for it but you might need a Doctor’s note.
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard
- Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
- Gladiator 6-Feet Adjustable Height Maple Work Bench – Great for sitting or standing desk set-up.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones – The best purchase I’ve made in the past few years. These headphones are perfect for blocking out the world and focusing on your work while jamming out to your favorite music.
Stylish Clothes for a Well Built Physique
You work hard for you body, don’t cover it up – these close are perfect for the Beach
- Onia Men’s Gingham Swim Trunks
- Enimay Men’s Summer Hulk Slim Fit Muscle Shirt
- Smith Optics Serpico Sunglasses – Classic style with a lifetime warranty.
Skin Care and Grooming
Maintenance is important if you want to look and feel good for the long game. Take care of yourself – it’s common sense self preservation and wanting to look like you give a sh!t so people take you seriously.
- Gold Bond Foot Powder – This stuff keeps your feet cool and dry with the bonus of not smelling like dirty feet. If you have stinky shoes this will help.
- Nivea Men Post Shave Balm – the best aftershave balm I’ve ever used. Keep your face from looking like a roadmap and keep your skin hydrated.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub – I’ve struggled with acne since I was a teenager. This stuff helps.
- Got2B Glued Hair Styling Glue – This stuff keeps my hair in place without looking crunchy or shinny. I’ve used it for 10+ years and love it.